IATEFL BESIG Facilitator Scholarship
IATEFL BESIG Facilitator Scholarship is for a teacher to attend the IATEFL Conference and to give a presentation on the BESIG Programme Day
This scholarship is for a teachers who has
been a Business English SIG (BESIG) member for at least six months to attend the
IATEFL Annual Conference and give a presentation on the BESIG day.
The scholarship will be awarded to a person
interested in starting up and/or facilitating local Business English events in
their home areas and contributing to BESIG through articles for Business Issues
or for BESIG's web-based communication tools.
The award consists of:
- registration for the BESIG Pre-Conference
- registration for the IATEFL Annual Conference
- travel costs, including, if necessary, an
economy flight to the UK up to a maximum of GBP 1100.00 (this
includes the cost of flights and airport transfers but not stopovers)
- GBP 750.00 towards accommodation and UK
To qualify you must:
- have been a member of IATEFL and the Business English SIG for at least 6 months at the time you apply
- have participated in BESIG, e.g. by writing an article for the newsletter, contributing to the blog, doing a weekend workshop, taking part in the BESIG Electronic Village Online session, or organizing a local event.
- be willing to give a presentation or lead a workshop on an aspect of teaching business English for the Business English Programme Day at the IATEFL Annual Conference
- agree to give a brief summary of your work at the BESIG Open Forum at the IATEFL Annual Conference
- undertake to promote BESIG in your area as well as to organize and/ or report on Business English events
- have good ICT skills and a sound knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies
- write a report on your 2017 conference experience for the Business Issues newsletter by the end of July 2017
How to apply
To be considered for the scholarship you should apply online including:
- an online speaker proposal on Business English by the scholarship deadline which will be announced soon
- a 400-500 summary outlining your plans for facilitating business English in your area
- a passport size photograph (for inclusion in the conference programme if you should win, please refer to the scholarship guidelines on the IATEFL website for photo requirements)
Visit the IATEFL website page on "Scholarships - How to apply" for further information.
submission deadline is will be announced soon. Early submissions are very welcome; late
submissions will not be considered.
will be informed in September 2016. Other applicants will be contacted after the winner has been informed. Please do NOT contact the IATEFL office about
scholarship decisions; the Scholarship Working Party (SWP) will send everyone
the results as soon as they are available.