BESIG – the Business English Special Interest Group – is a special interest group of IATEFL – the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – hereinafter referred to as IATEFL BESIG.
Application of these conditions of use
By accessing or using any part of besig.org you agree to be bound by the following conditions of use. If you do not wish to be bound by these conditions, you may not access or use besig.org
We may change these conditions at any time without any notice to you. By your continued access and use of besig.org you agree to be bound by the most current version of the conditions of use. Please check these conditions periodically for any changes that have been made.
Copyright and database right
Except where otherwise noted, IATEFL BESIG owns legally and beneficially all the intellectual property rights in the content of all the besig.org web pages (including the design, text, graphics and arrangement thereof) and in the software used therein. Such intellectual property rights include, without limitation, copyrights and database rights in the information displayed as besig.org Search results which are extracted from a compilation owned by IATEFL BESIG.
Beisg.org BESIG and IATEFL BESIG are service marks of IATEFL and IATEFL BESIG. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited anywhere on besig.org are the property of their respective owners.
Save as provided below, no materials from besig.org may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, broadcast, shown or played in public, republished, uploaded, posted, stored, transmitted or distributed in any way or adapted or changed in any way.
IATEFL BESIG takes active measures to ensure that no unauthorised use or breach of its intellectual property rights is committed.
Subject to applicable third party content providers' licences, you are allowed to access the besig.org website, to make a copy of the results of any searches made in our database or on our website, and to use those results PROVIDED that none of such access, copying and use falls into, is preparatory to or enables any of the categories of prohibited conduct referred to below, and provided that none of such access, copying and use is for the purpose of and in the course of any business. For the avoidance of doubt, and without prejudice to the below mentioned prohibited conduct, such access, copying and use is permitted even for a business if such conduct is merely incidental to the business.
For the avoidance of doubt and without limitation, you are expressly prohibited from:
- modifying the data or other material from besig.org ("the Data") or merging the Data with any other data;
- selling or trading in materials copied from the Data;
- using or redistributing the Data for the purposes of compiling databases, lists or directories, other than as and to the extent necessary to use the Data for a use not prohibited by this paragraph 4;
- providing commercial information, redistributing or reproduction of the same by the press or media or through any commercial network, cable or satellite system;
- issuing questionnaires, reply cards or similar for the purpose of data capture or verification;
- permitting or allowing the Data to infringe or otherwise prejudice our proprietary rights;
- using the Data: " For any unlawful purpose or purpose that is likely to bring any part of IATEFL BESIG into disrepute or to cause any part of IATEFL BESIG embarrassment; " To send any message or communication which is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing; " In any way that would be reasonably expected to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; " As source targeting material or contact data for any kind of telemarketing, direct marketing, viral or other electronic marketing activity on your own behalf or on behalf or for the benefit of another party.
Except as expressly provided, nothing contained in these conditions or anywhere on besig.org shall be construed as conferring any licence under any of IATEFL BESIG's or any third party's intellectual property rights.
Disclaimer of representations and warranties
Besig.org is provided by IATEFL BESIG on an "as is" and "as and when available" basis to users. You use besig.org at your own risk.
IATEFL BESIG and its associated content provider organisations make considerable efforts to make information made available via besig.org as accurate as possible but no warranty or fitness is implied.
Neither IATEFL BESIG nor any of its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, third party content providers, sponsors, licensers, or the like, makes any representation or warranty or condition, either express or implied, to you:
- that besig.org will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that besig.org or the computer server from which besig.org is made available, are free of viruses or other harmful components;
- to the accuracy, content, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any information, advice, content, service, search results, products or merchandise provided through besig.org
IATEFL BESIG makes and you receive, no representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to:
- besig.org its content, merchandise, services, documents, information, items or materials provided by IATEFL BESIG in connection with the use of besig.org or
- any goods or services or information received through or advertised on besig.org or received through links provided on besig.org including without limitation no representations, warranties or conditions of merchantability, suitability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of proprietary rights or otherwise.
No oral advice or written information given by IATEFL BESIG or its affiliates, or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, providers, merchants, sponsors, licensers, or the like, will create a representation, a warranty or condition nor should you rely on any such information or advice.
In jurisdictions that do not allow the exclusion or disclaimer of certain warranties, the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Provision of advice
IATEFL BESIG is not an agent for and does not vouch for those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in beig.org - nor for the availability, suitability or prices of such goods and services nor for the legal entitlement, competences, professional qualifications, trade certifications, or memberships of trade associations of such persons, companies or other organisations.
IATEFL BESIG advises users to satisfy themselves as to the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered or qualifications held by those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in besig.org.
Besig.org may make available certain information provided by third parties. IATEFL BESIG recommends that before you use any such information with respect to any issues or questions that you may have relating to medicine, law, accounting or any other profession you seek advice from a qualified professional.
Besig.org may make available certain financial information provided by third parties, including information regarding industries, companies, stocks, investments and securities. Such investment information is for information purposes only and you should not construe it as investment advice or use it for trading or investing purposes. Financial investments bear varying degrees of risk. IATEFL BESIG strongly discourages you from making any investment decision based upon information that you cannot confirm and strongly recommends that you seek advice from a qualified financial advisor before you make any financial investment.
Limitation of liability
Neither IATEFL BESIG nor its associated content provider organisations seek to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from their negligence. Under no circumstances will IATEFL BESIG or any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, agents, sponsors, licensers, or any other party involved in the creation, production, maintenance or distribution of besig.org be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profits, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, use of data or other intangible losses) that result from either:
- the use and reliance on besig.org; or
- the inability to us besig.org; or
- mistakes, omissions, interruptions, suspension, termination, deletion of files or e-mail, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation, transmission or service response time, or any failure of performance with respect to besig.org including without limitation those arising from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to IATEFL BESIG’s records, programs or services; or
- merchandise, products or services received through or advertised on besig.org and merchandise, products or services received through or advertised on any links provided on besig.org; or
- information or advice received through or advertised on besig.org and information or advice received through or advertised on any links provided on besig.org; or
- any information, data, text, messages and other materials that you email, post, upload, reproduce, transmit or is otherwise distributed using besig.org. IATEFL BESIG is unable to ensure or guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Any information or data which you transmit to or by using IATEFL BESIG is done at your own risk and IATEFL BESIG shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or injury that may result from transmitting such information.
If any jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These conditions and any and all documents specifically referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between you and IATEFL BESIG with respect to the subject matter hereof. If any provision contained in these conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be severed from these conditions and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
Jurisdiction and governing law
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. IATEFL BESIG controls besig.org from within the country of England. It can, however, be accessed from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from those of England, by accessing besig.org you agree that the laws of England, without regard to rules relating to conflict of laws, will apply to all matters relating to your use of besig.org. You and IATEFL BESIG also agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, with respect to such matters. Users of besig.org accessing it from places outside of England acknowledge that they do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with local laws.